Today we're shining the Polka Dot SPOTlight on COVID-19 Alerts and Updates.
Cities, counties, states and federal governments around the world are offering opt-in COVID-19 Alert or Update programs. Many of these programs are email based. Some, like in Florida, Massachusetts, and San Francisco, encourage residents to send a text to sign up to receive information via SMS.
[These opt-in campaigns represent an] opportunity to improve how we communicate now and in the future.
All of these opt-in campaigns:
- Deliver guidance and info help to keep communities informed.
- Represent an opportunity to improve how we communicate now and in the future.
Personal is Proactive
Your residents want to tell you what information they care about so that you can give it to them. This presents an opportunity for state and local governments to make it easier for individuals to get information that's tailored to them, and for governments to better target communications in the future.
Take these 4 steps today to transform the way you communicate with your community.
Many communication campaigns folks sign up for today are using technology similar to LISTSERVs, which became widely available in the late 1980s. This type of opt-in is managed as a list that people can add themselves to. Each time you send a message, everyone on the list receives it. It’s simple and efficient, but each list is managed separately and there’s no way to personalize information.
Take these 4 steps today to transform the way you communicate with your community:
- 1. Unify opt-in programs so residents can manage subscriptions via a single login.
- 2. Personalize information based on location-data, interest or other attributes by letting subscribers create a profile.
- 3. Build Dynamic Content that can be tailored to each user by combining real-time data with traditionally authored content.
- 4. Automatically deliver information and updates the way individuals prefer it, including your website, mobile app, email, SMS, phone, and social media.
Connect the Dots
With a little help, your community can implement a Unified Alerts program that lets you leap frog to deliver dynamic content that streamlines and personalizes how you communicate and gather information now and in the future. Our quick-configure campaigns make it easy:
- 1. Select Features
- 2. Configure Business Rules
- 3. Launch
Launching your program is as simple as adding information about the campaign on your website. You provide a link to our user-friendly enrollment, and we do the rest.
Engage with your residents with proactive, personalized communications.
- Our Unified Alerts framework and our quick-configure campaigns can get you up and running in just a few days. See other COVID-19 response templates.
- Schedule time with one of our Solution Designers to craft a unified opt-in program or to learn more.